In "Way of the Drunken Samurai" you take control over an inebriated samurai who can morph (shapeshift) his hands into swords, giant hammers and booze bottles. Your goal is to defeat as many enemies as you possibly can in one of the 3 playable arenas: A Colosseum, the top of a building (possibly the bar where your character got drunk) and a giant bridge.
- "Way of the Drunken Samurai" was created using Unreal Engine 4.11.1.
- All 3D art assets and animations were created in Autodesk Maya 2015 and Autodesk Maya 2016
- All 2D ilustrations were created using Adobe Photoshop.
- Character textures were made in Substance Painter.
- Fonts used: "Karate" by Gary D. Jessey and "Yozakura" by Kotonoha Kuju
- Sound effects obtained from http://freesound.org and were edited using Audacity.
- Character rigs were obtained using Mixamo.
- Some Unreal Engine Starter Content materials were used for the environment.
This game was developed in 23 hours by a team of 6 students:
- Tiia van Lokven
- Irini Wiersma
- Kaj Giesbers
- Jelle van der Gulik
- Bogdan Dumitriu
- Mike van Dalen
Extract the zip to an empty folder, run "Way of the Drunken Samurai.exe" and enjoy!